Located at 811 Main Street, Founder’s Park is where Williamson County’s first six commissioners met under a stately oak tree in May 1848 to choose a location for the county seat. George Washington Glasscock offered to donate the land he owned jointly with Thomas B. Huling as a site for the county seat. The land was bounded by the oak tree at one corner and the San Gabriel River to the north and west. The commissioners named the town Georgetown in Glasscock’s honor. For more information, visit parks.georgetown.org/founders-park.
Contact for this Project
For questions about this project, please contact Eric Nuner, Asst Parks Director, (512) 930-3525, email@example.com.