The City celebrated the reopening of Founder’s Park at 814 S. Church St. on Dec. 13 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
Renovations at Founders Park were completed in early December and included expanded public seating, a new water fountain and trash cans, and a seat wall. All historical items in the park were repurposed, and a full irrigation system was installed. The $62,000 project was completed in 10 weeks by Smith Contracting.
The park is the site where Williamson County’s first commissioners met under an oak tree in 1848 to choose a location for the county seat.